Business Development Lead
FutureGov is looking for an experienced Consultant to lead on Business Development and help us on our mission to design public services fit for the digital age. We believe citizens deserve access to user-centred products and services, delivered by digitally-enabled modern organisations. Our team is dedicated and passionate about public services designed around the people that use them.
This year marks FutureGov’s 10 year anniversary. From modest beginnings, we are now firmly established as a market leading digital and design company for public services in the UK and in many places around the world.
But we don’t want to stop here. The opportunity for digital transformation in public services is huge, as is the potential for FutureGov to play an ever bigger role in shaping the nature of that transformation. It will be your job to work with the CEO and management team to grow our size and impact fast over the next few years!
About the role
You will be responsible for growing our business in accordance with our growth plan. You’ll work closely with our CEO and Management Team to cultivate relationships with the sector, enabling us to reach our sales target and maximise utilisation across our team of digital design experts.
You’ll also work alongside our Strategy Director to hone our offer to the sector, leading on our business development strategy and content for sales collateral. You’ll have excellent communication skills and the ability to translate what clients need from sales meetings into written material. You’ll be working alongside our Bid Manager, who leads on coordinating tender responses, and together will share responsibility for communicating plans, actions and stories back to our growing team.
We are looking for someone who knows how to use our market position, capabilities, and future ambitions to proactively develop and win business with new and previous clients. You will enable our team to understand the challenges our clients face and work with our interdisciplinary design teams to transition them from sales into delivery. As a growing area in the company, we need you to have a good understanding of the key policy areas across Government and be willing and able to use this to make the internal case for change when you spot gaps in our offering and showcase our work to enhance our reputation at events across the country.
Now is the time for radical change in government. For new delivery models but equally new ways of designing our public services, fit for the future not held back by the past.
Sound like a challenge you can help us with? What are you waiting for, get in touch!
What is the job?
Reporting to the CEO, you will:
- Lead business development, working with new, current and previous clients to close deals
- Lead on our written sales work
- Represent FutureGov at sales meetings
- Talk about our work at events
- Work with our Management Team on our company wide growth strategy
- Work closely with our Communications Lead and Bid Manager to ensure we have brilliant sales and marketing content
- Build FutureGov’s reputation
- Manage relationships with partners, associates and subcontractors
What you will bring to FutureGov:
- Work with the CEO and management team to create and develop our new business and marketing strategy
- Proven experience of hitting new business/sales targets, ideally within a leading management consultancy
- Experience of engaging clients at the most senior levels
- An empathetic working style, with the ability to inspire and support your team to deliver brilliant work
- A storytelling approach. You can communicate complex ideas simply, whether you’re talking, visualising or writing
- A curious, learning mindset. You will continue to develop best practice and share new prospecting techniques
You might have:
- Worked for a leading management consultancy and now want to work for a more agile, design led organisation
- Worked through a graduate scheme at one of the big four
- Sales and business development consultancy background but want to work with clients in a more creative way
Why work at FutureGov?
- The opportunity to achieve impact through your work
- Flexible working
- Generous parental leave
- We’re collaborative and readily give our time to help others develop
- We hang out together, whether that’s at team retreats, summer and Christmas parties, or Friday team breakfasts
The role is London-based but you should be willing to travel. We’re flexible on whether you take a permanent or contract position.
Email Dominic Campbell with a CV and portfolio of work, or if you have any further questions. Deadline for applications is 16th of February 2018