FutureGov is seeking an experienced Front End Developer to join our team. Over the last 9 years, FutureGov has delivered a range of transformational projects with governments across the world.
We've designed and built a range of digital prototypes and have successfully scaled user-centred products. Your work at FutureGov will make a lasting impact on citizens’ experience of interacting with public services.
About the Role
As a Front End Developer at FutureGov, you’ll work in a multi-disciplinary team of designers, developers, and product managers. You'll create mockups and prototypes and turn them into semantic, production-ready interfaces for desktop and mobile platforms.
You will love visual design, typography and technology, as much as you enjoy coding. You're fastidious and self-motivated and can think both logically and laterally. You continually want to learn and will enjoy working on fast-paced projects.
- At least 2-3 years experience in a Front-End Developer role
- Front-End web technologies CSS/Sass, HTML/Haml
- Excellent visual design and layout skills, understanding hot to make beautiful UI and exepriences for users
- Experience using prototyping technology (e.g. Invision/Marvel)
- Visualisation software experience (e.g.,Sketch/Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign)
- Able to visualise ideas from wireframes, user flows, and service design research into beautifully designed, accessible digital solutions
- Knowledge of web accessibility standards and application
- Constructively supporting colleagues with feedback, creative and technical input
- Precise attention to detail along with good time management skills
- Working with products built in Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Building responsive websites
- Cross browser testing using tools such as browser stack
- Familiar with writing automated integration tests
- Knowledge of a range of tools and front-end libraries, advising on the best tool for the job
As part of your application please show us something that gives us an impression of what you are about -- like links to your portfolio, side projects, or places you've blogged.
Competitive – TBC depending on experience
Email Matt Skinner with a CV and portfolio of work, or if you have any further questions. Deadline for applications is 16th of July 2017