FutureGov is the digital and design agency for public services. We’ve worked with a range of organisations delivering for public good: from local and state governments across the UK and Australia to the Government Digital Service, from the UN Development Programme to Social Housing Associations. The constant is that we use design, technology and change to transform these services and make them more human.
We’ve also developed a suite of digital products that support this vision. From Patchwork, which connects front line workers who are helping to keep their clients safe, through to Casserole, which provides a community alternative to meals on wheels, we are reshaping public services through beautifully designed technology.
About the role
As a Product Manager at FutureGov, you’ll work on both our existing and new innovative digital prototypes and products. You’ll support product implementation with new clients to make sure they deliver positive change to our clients and users. You’ll also help us to understand the needs of our clients and users, working closely with our development team to make sure these are fed into our agile development process.
We’ve got an exciting pipeline of work that includes delivering a number of transformational digital prototypes and products over the coming months. As a Product Manager you will work in multidisciplinary teams to help shape, design, and deliver these projects -- always considering where there might be the potential to scale our impact across the wider sector.
We are looking for people who are digitally savvy, who keep ahead of the latest tech trends, and who have a solid understanding of agile development processes.
You’ll be highly experienced at project management, an outstanding communicator, and you’ll be adept at managing client relationships.
A magnificent juggler, you will be able to manage a variety of different workstreams for a range of different customers at the same time. You should also be able to quickly grasp how an organisation works and shape how a project should work there.
We take pride in ensuring that our products are the best they can be, and ideally you’ll have some experience in quality assurance of digital products. You might have undertaken user acceptance testing or helped to test software in the past.
More than anything you’ll be passionate about our purpose. You’ll have the determination and enthusiasm to help design and drive transformation in public services through our work.
- Lead the implementation of FutureGov products, ensuring they deliver the anticipated change to our clients and users
- Project manage new digital prototypes, supporting multi-disciplinary teams to ensure we have the right insights to develop solutions
- Manage client relationships on existing FutureGov products and new digital prototypes, helping us deliver amazing customer service to our clients
- Have a thorough understanding of how products work and be able to communicate that to others, both on a one-to-one basis and in large groups
- Keep up to date with the latest iterations of products, communicating these changes to users
- Support clients in understanding organisational “problems” and how technology coupled with consultancy products might help solve them
- Involve users and clients in regular feedback to strengthen relationships and shape the development of products and prototypes
- Be able to understand data from our products and to use this to help us make decisions about how products or prototypes might develop
- Be willing to travel in the UK and occasionally internationally to deliver project work
- At least 3 years of working in a related role, with project management experience is essential
- Experience managing client relationships is essential
- An understanding of user-led approaches and agile delivery is essential
- A track-record of successfully implementing digital products is desirable
- An understanding of local and central government is desirable
- Experience of digital product quality assurance is desirable
TBD - Competitive
Email Isabella Wallington with a CV and portfolio of work, or if you have any further questions. Deadline for applications is 21st of July 2017