About the role
FutureGov is seeking an experienced Talent Manager to help us on our mission to create better public services. We believe citizens deserve access to user-centred products and services, delivered by digitally-enabled modern organisations. Our team is dedicated and passionate about public services designed around the people that use them.
We have a team of brilliantly talented people at FutureGov and finding them isn’t easy, we need your help to uncover the most talented people out there as well as ensuring what we offer is exceeding marketing expectations. As Talent Manager you will be responsible for helping our team to grow and advising us on our talent and people strategy. You will have excellent knowledge of the roles across digital organisations and ideally an understanding of the complexities of local government which is our main client sector.
You’ll work directly with our Managing Director and leadership team to gain a thorough understanding of our growth plan and ambitions as well as working with our team to truly understand roles and gaps within the company, anticipating future needs and developing future talent pools.
You’ll support our Operations Director on all aspects of HR and work with our Studio Manager to help design and deliver a brilliant end to end recruitment process. You’ll establish strong relationships with the team in order to advise, influence and support on matters relating to HR, talent and development.
Now is the time for radical change in government. For new delivery models but equally new ways of designing our public services, fit for the future not held back by the past.
Sound like a challenge you can help us with? What are you waiting for, get in touch!
What is the job?
Reporting to the Managing Director you will:
- Design and develop our recruitment, development and resourcing strategy in relation to our plans
- Advise on and contribute towards ongoing team and individual development activity
- Help support continuous improvement to our progression guidelines and team structures
- Implement new and innovative recruitment and talent-pool development ideas for the company
- Help coach and mentor our new managers on effective staff leadership
- Provide general advice on HR-related issues - with the wisdom to know when we need to pull in a specialist
- Help develop the FutureGov employee offering
- Manage and coordinate all recruitment activity
- Build a Talent pipeline as well as develop our freelance and associate model
What will you bring to FutureGov?
- Experience of recruitment and HR
- An approach to HR that's user-centred and people based
- Passion for working for a social impact organisation
- A collaborative working style, with the ability to inspire and support our team to deliver brilliant work
- A curious, learning mindset. You default to working in the open, and actively seek feedback so you can improve your work (or working behaviours)
You might have:
- Worked as a talent manager or in HR
- Worked in or with organisations that work with the public sector
- Worked in a start up or advising start ups on talent
Why work at FutureGov
- The opportunity to achieve impact through your work
- Flexible working
- Generous parental leave
- We’re collaborative and readily give our time to help others develop
- We hang out together, whether that’s at team retreats, summer and Christmas parties, or Friday team breakfasts
The role is London-based but you should be willing to travel. We’re flexible on whether you take a permanent or contract position, and we’re up for a chat about part-time or eg school term working.
TBC - Competitive
Email Emma McGowan with a CV and portfolio of work, or if you have any further questions. Deadline for applications is 16th of February 2018