FutureGov is the digital and design agency for public services. Over the past nine years, we’ve helped more than a hundred local and national authorities across four continents think differently about public services.
FutureGov is looking for a brilliantly talented Bid Manager to help us shape and deliver new proposals and tenders for projects. You’ll support our sales process, working closely alongside our team of Project Directors and Head of Client Engagement. You’ll take part in conversations with prospective senior clients, helping us to turn complex problems and briefs into tangible proposals that we can deliver. You’ll have an excellent oversight of the opportunities across government for digital transformation and a thorough understanding of the sector's priorities.
Our company is growing and so is our ambition. We need someone who will provide a creative but focussed approach to our sales process, to help us on our mission to design better public services. We think this role could be the perfect opportunity for a recent graduate of the local government National Graduate Development Programme or similar.
The world as we knew it is gone and with it the big bad expensive ways of delivering government. Now is the time for radical change. For new delivery models but equally new ways of designing our public services, fit for the future not held back by the past.
Sound like a challenge you can help us with? What are you waiting for, please get in touch.
What is the job?
You’ll be part of FutureGov’s operational support team, reporting to our Head of Client Engagement. You will:
- Work alongside FutureGov senior managers and Project Directors, attending meetings and workshops as necessary to support with proposal and bid writing
- Oversee the end to end tender processes - drawing on the skills and resources across the FutureGov team to deliver them on time
- Write creative and coherent content for bids, proposals and tender opportunities alongside our team of Project Directors and senior managers
- Track opportunities across the Digital Marketplace and other relevant tender portals, ensuring we’re aware of relevant and exciting opportunities for our design team to work on
- Work with the FutureGov team to understand our strengths, knowledge, and experience - drawing on this to inform our sales work
- Use your knowledge and insights of our work and the team, to help pitch new ideas or opportunities to FutureGov senior managers and project directors
- Keep up to date with trends across the sector, understanding where you feel FutureGov should prioritise engagement and business development resource
- Be super detail orientated as well as being comfortable delegating to others in the team
- Provide occasional operational support to Project Directors across our current portfolio of work
- Be interested in all things LocalGov, digital design and delivering better public services!
This isn’t a traditional sales manager role. We are looking for somebody who really understands our clients biggest priorities and challenges, and who is passionate about making positive change in public services for users.
What you will bring to FutureGov?
- Energy and drive to motivate the team to make sure we have the right tools and assets to help us win important work
- Detail, focus, and rigor to our sales process - making sure we’re on track and don’t miss out on brilliant opportunities
- Challenge the current ways we do things and influence some of our processes for the better
You might have:
- Worked in or with organisations that design for public impact
- Recently graduated from the NGDP programme or similar, which means you’ll understand the challenges our clients face and want to do something about them
Why work at FutureGov?
- The opportunity to achieve impact through your work
- Flexible working
- Generous parental leave
- We’re collaborative and readily give our time to help others develop
- We hang out together, whether that’s at team retreats, summer and Christmas parties, or Friday team breakfasts
The role is London-based but you should be willing to travel.
TBD - Competitive
Email Careers Team with a CV and portfolio of work, or if you have any further questions. Deadline for applications is 14th of June 2019