We're looking for a designer/front-end developer to join our team. Working with our designers, developers, and product managers, you'll create mockups and prototypes and turn them into semantic, production-ready interfaces for desktop and mobile platforms. Your work at FutureGov will make a lasting impact on citizens’ experience of interacting with public services.
You should love visual design, typography and UX, as much as you enjoy coding. You're fastidious and self-motivated and can think both logically and laterally. You continually want to learn and will enjoy working on fast-paced projects.
- You value collaboration & are at your best when you’re part of a team
- Excellent at both communicating and listening
- Able to rapidly prototype to bring new product and service ideas to life
- Able to support and inspire others
- Interested in all things digital & design
- You understand that good design is not about trends but is built on top of principles and tradeoffs
- at least 2-3 years experience in a design or front-end developer role
- confident at designing at all levels of fidelity from sketches to code
- able to visualise ideas from wireframes, user flows, and service design research into beautifully designed, accessible digital solutions
- excellent visual design and layout skills, understanding how to make beautiful UI and experiences for users
- able to advocate on behalf of users throughout the design process
- experience using prototyping technology (e.g. Invision)
- visualisation software experience (e.g. Sketch/Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign)
- knowledge of web accessibility standards and application
- constructively supporting colleagues with feedback, creative and technical input
- precise attention to detail along with good time management skills
- responsive/mobile design is a core consideration in all your designs
- working with products built in Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- interested in staying up-to-date with relevant new technologies and advances in the design and development industries
- cross-browser testing using tools such as browser stack
- knowledge of a range of tools and front-end libraries, advising on the best tool for the job
Why work at FutureGov?
- the opportunity to achieve impact in the public sector through your work
- flexible working
- generous parental leave
- we’re collaborative; we will readily give our time to help your development
- we’re a great team; we regularly hang out together, whether that’s at team retreats, summer and Christmas parties or Friday team breakfasts
As part of your application please show us something that gives us an impression of what you are about, such as links to your portfolio, side projects or places you've blogged.
Competitive, based on experience
Email Careers Team with a CV and portfolio of work, or if you have any further questions. Deadline for applications is 31st of January 2019