UK wide - Permanent Role
About the role
FutureGov is seeking an experienced Financial Controller to join our team. Over the last 10 years, FutureGov has delivered a range of transformational projects with governments across the world.
Your work at FutureGov will make a lasting impact on citizens’ experience of interacting with public services.
You will be responsible for the Financial Accounting function, delivering effective financial processes and controls that support business objectives and operational needs. You will have a key role in enabling FutureGov to improve its financial processes.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Day-to-day activities will include the responsibility for completeness and accuracy of the accounting system (Xero), banking, FX and treasury, whilst supporting colleagues with finance queries. Periodic activities will include: month-end (journals, management accounts, balance sheet recs etc), payroll, VAT return, year-end and audit (our y/e is 31st December), assisting with budgeting and forecasting. The roles overarching goal is to continuously look for opportunities to improve and develop finance and business processes.
- Manage and develop finance staff, ensuring that their recruitment, training, supervision and performance management is effective, in order to fulfil individual and team objectives
- Ensure financial processes and controls operate effectively and efficiently on a day to day basis and develop and implement reporting measures, to demonstrate their operation. Ensure that all reconciliations are completed on a timely basis and differences are investigated and resolved promptly
- Manage the group’s invoicing and fee collection process, ensuring prompt collection of monies due
- Manage the group’s procurement process and work with the COO to improve cost control
- Implement a review of existing processes and controls, to identify improvements that can be immediately implemented
- Develop and implement financial policies, maintaining the finance manual for the company, ensuring that it remains current, relevant and accessible to staff
- Prepare financial statements
- Manage the company statutory reporting
- Managing the payroll and HMRC reporting and preparation of the company tax returns
- Manage the group cash flow and maintain a rolling 12 month forecast
- Mange the monthly financial process, to enable the production of accurate and effective management information, budgets and forecasts
- Qualified Accountant (ICAEW)
- Minimum of one year’s post qualification experience.
- Staff Management experience.
- Experience of preparing financial statements.
- Experience of identifying improvements in financial processes.
- Experience of practical, hands on, problem solving with accounting reconciliations.
- An enthusiastic attitude to managing and dealing with change.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
- Not essential but useful - knowledge of project accounting.
Why work at FutureGov?
- the opportunity to achieve impact in the public sector through your work
- flexible working
- generous parental leave
- we’re collaborative; we will readily give our time to help your development
- we’re a great team; we regularly hang out together, whether that’s at team retreats, summer and Christmas parties or Friday team breakfasts
Competitive – TBC depending on experience.
Email Careers Team with a CV and portfolio of work, or if you have any further questions. Deadline for applications is 28th of February 2019