Senior Product Designer
Contract and Permanent Roles
About the role
FutureGov is looking for an experienced senior product designer to help us on our mission to design public services fit for the digital age.
We believe citizens deserve access to user-centred products and services, delivered by modern, digitally-enabled organisations. Our team is devoted to the process of creating usable products and experiences that support the delivery of services. Delivering solutions into live public services that improve outcomes for users.
We are looking for senior product designers who are confident working on all levels of product, from high-level product strategy and proposition to the details of crafting flows, prototypes, user interactions and interfaces.
Senior product designers at FutureGov:
- care deeply about the user, making sure that prototypes and products are designed to meet their needs and deliver the best possible user experience
- lead a multi-disciplinary team and work closely with senior stakeholders to define product propositions based on agreed priorities and service propositions
- Love mentoring others and managing other members of the team to achieve their full potential
- Are compelled by delivery and making change happen, not pixel perfect design. you are pragmatic and can work at pace, understanding what the smallest thing is to move work forward
- are strong communicator and storyteller. Can articulate complex ideas in a clear and engaging way to bring people along the journey
- creating change in the public sector is hard, you have a good sense of humour and never ever give up
- can provide recommendations on future information architecture, product architecture and product strategy
Skills and experience
- be experienced at working on all levels of product, from high-level product strategy and proposition to the details of crafting of a flow, prototype, user interaction and interface
- comfortable with creating prototypes to test assumptions and work quickly from sketches towards high-fidelity prototypes that can be iterated rapidly using user and stakeholder feedback
- have previous experience working inside of a small multi-disciplinary agile team to deliver service-oriented products. Can work closely with other stakeholders to implement design at pace and on time.
- be confident working in an open and collaborative environment
- have strong interpersonal and line management skills, adept at bringing out the strengths of their team and coaching where appropriate
- be creative. Can come up with creative ideas to balance great user experience, organisation challenges and technical constraints
- possess curiosity and not be compromising. Can take local government to be the most creative cultural organisation in the world. Willing to ask questions, experiment and push boundaries.
- be a facilitator. Can work with internal stakeholders in a co-creative and future-oriented way to reach consensus and deliver high-quality outputs
- have an eye for detail. Invest time and energy in crafting high-quality products and user experiences
- be interested in all things creative, cultural, digital, design and delivering better services
- be outcome focused not output focused
- experienced setting up and improving pattern libraries and design systems, incorporating reusable templates, visual, interaction and development components
Why work at FutureGov?
- the opportunity to achieve impact in the public sector through your work
- flexible working
- generous parental leave
- we’re collaborative; we will readily give our time to help your development
- passionate, fun and lovely team; we regularly hang out together, whether that’s at team retreats, summer and Christmas parties or Friday team breakfasts
Working at FutureGov as product designers means that we embed ourselves in organisations to work on site with clients and alongside our users, this involves travel in the UK and occasionally staying overnight when needed
Email Careers Team with a CV and portfolio of work, or if you have any further questions. Deadline for applications is 30th of June 2019