Recruiting in the North East of England (FutureGov HQ based in London, additional office space in Salford, remote working)
About the role:
You will be part of the senior delivery team at FutureGov, overseeing a programme of consulting gigs large and small, from one off demonstrator projects through to larger innovation labs. You’ll be responsible for helping to ensure our projects are delivered on time, budget and to high standards. You’ll support the Directors with project resourcing and developing our sales pipeline with new and existing clients.
As a Project Director, you’ll be working at the cutting edge of FutureGov helping us to design, prototype and develop future public services. You will manage a range of diverse projects for our clients and lead multidisciplinary teams to develop ideas and prototype products that solve complex public service problems.
You will have excellent project management and change skills, know when to challenge and when to listen, and be able to come up with and spot good ideas. You will regularly be building relationships with clients at a senior level, and helping them to understand what the future of public services means for them and their organisation.
FutureGov is a team of creative people with a broad mix of design skills, who are passionate about re-designing local public services so that they better meet the needs of those who use them. You don’t need to be a technology expert, although you should be excited about how technology can be used to help make people’s lives better – and this role will be more technology learning than most.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing a diverse range of projects as part of FutureGov’s digital and design consultancy offer with responsibility for leading multiple projects at any given time
- Project strategy; leading strategic direction and vision of projects whilst managing a multidisciplinary design team
- Driving change; ensuring our clients are fully behind our ideas, our designs are implemented, and our work lives beyond the lifetime of our projects
- Project, product and delivery management, ensuring our projects are delivered on time and meet client requirements
- Supporting sales activity ranging from proposal and tender writing through to networking and speaking at engagement events
- Inspire the teams you work with and be excited by the projects you manage; you’ll need to be creative and able to spot a good idea when you see one
- Supporting FutureGov management team in operational matters like project resourcing and quality control
- Communicating about FutureGov and our work through writing blog posts, representing our work at sector events and when meeting with stakeholders
- Stakeholder management at all levels in an organisation; you should be just as comfortable talking to a Chief Executive, as you are a front-line worker
- Planning, delivering and facilitating workshops with clients and users, pulling together the right people and tools
- Telling the story of FutureGov through writing blog posts and communicating about our work at every opportunity
Your experience and mindset:
- You’ll have an analytical mind, comfortable with drawing on qualitative and quantitative information to design strategies and make a persuasive case for change
- Strategically minded, seeing the bigger picture, tell stories and move leaders through a process of decision-making and change
- A range of experience in designing and delivering change within large and complex organisations
- A track record of planning and managing projects: building relationships with stakeholders, clients, and team members, as well as keeping projects on time and budget
- Interest in digital technology and how it can be applied to services and organisations
- The confidence to operate in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to think laterally, to look to the outside for inspiration, and to be creative in developing new solutions
- Be willing to travel in the UK and to spend time on site managing the labs projects or undertaking consultancy, and be prepared to stay overnight on occasion
TBD - Competitive
Email Matt Skinner with a CV and portfolio of work, or if you have any further questions.