Recruiting in the North East of England (FutureGov HQ based in London, additional office space in Salford)
FutureGov is the digital and design company for public services. We believe citizens deserve access to user-centred, digitally-enabled products and services, delivered by modern organisations. Government that’s fit for the future, not held back by the past.
About the role
Whilst we welcome applicants from all over the UK, we are particularly interested in hearing from people based in the North East of England for this role.
You will be part of the delivery team at FutureGov, overseeing delivery of projects large and small, from one off demonstrator projects through to larger innovation labs. You’ll be responsible for helping run the agile rhythms and rituals of our projects helping project directors deliver on time, on budget and to high standards. You’ll support the Directors with project resourcing and scoping of deliverables.
As a Delivery Manager, you will be an experienced at agile delivery on a diverse range of projects. Not limited to just technology you will be able to apply agile methodologies to a problems across the board.
This will range from consultancy projects, designing cutting edge public services to software development where we build the tools to support service design.
You will have excellent project management skills, know when to challenge and when to listen, and be able to come up with and spot good ideas. You will be able to build relationships with clients at a senior level, helping them to champion agile delivery and new delivery models.
FutureGov is a team of creative people with a broad mix of design skills, who are passionate about re-designing local public services so that they better meet the needs of those who use them. You don’t need to be a technology expert, but should understand how the latest technology can benefit service design.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivery Management on a diverse range of projects as part of FutureGov’s digital and design consultancy offer with responsibility for leading multiple projects at any given time
- Agile project, product and delivery management, ensuring our projects are delivered on time and meet client requirements
- Helping to shape how FutureGov learns and applies the best and latest agile thinking in all that we do, in product development, service and organisational design
- Contributing to project strategy; helping shape the direction and vision of projects
- managing the rhythms and rituals of a multidisciplinary design team, helping the team collaborate, communicate and learn throughout delivery
- Driving change; ensuring our clients are fully behind our ideas, our designs are implemented, and we have champions for our agile approach to delivery
- Supporting sales activity ranging from proposal and tender writing through to networking and speaking at engagement events
- Inspire the teams you work with and be excited by the projects you manage; you’ll need to be creative and able to spot a good idea when you see one
- Supporting FutureGov management team in operational matters like project resourcing and quality control
- Communicating about FutureGov and our work through writing blog posts, representing our work at sector events and when meeting with stakeholders
- Stakeholder management at all levels in an organisation; you should be just as comfortable talking to a Chief Executive, as you are a front-line worker
- Planning, delivering and facilitating workshops with clients and users, pulling together the right people and tools
- Championing the use of the best tech tools for the job, making sure that we are constantly on the cutting edge of digital applications
Your experience and mindset:
- A track record of planning and managing projects in an agile environment, ensuring that projects keep to within time and budget
- A range of experience in designing and delivering change within large and complex organisations, both in delivering new services and building technology that supports those services
- Coaching others in new ways of working and approaching agile delivery, including developers, designers and front line staff
- Able to see the bigger picture, tell stories and move leaders through a process of decision-making and change, help the team manage risks
- Interest in digital technology and how it can be applied to services and organisations
- The confidence to operate in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to think laterally, to look to the outside for inspiration, and to be creative in developing new solutions
- Be willing to travel in the UK and to spend time on site managing the labs projects or undertaking consultancy, and be prepared to stay overnight on occasion
Email Matt Skinner with a CV and portfolio of work, or if you have any further questions. Deadline for applications is 16th of February 2018