Helping young people make the most of their mental health care.
Research indicates that up to 20% of young people deal with mental health issues in any given year. However, when it comes to seeking treatment, nearly four in ten don’t feel comfortable talking to their GP about these issues.
Doc Ready is a digital tool that helps young people to prepare and make the most out of mental-health-related GP visits. It helps them to know what to expect during a GP consultation, plan what to say, and record the outcomes of their appointments. To date, the tool has hosted more than 35,000 users.
A collaboration between FutureGov, Enabled by Design, Neontribe and Social Spider, Doc Ready is helping make young people’s lives better. 82% of users surveyed said the product helped them think clearly and prepare to talk with someone else, while 77% felt they were more able to take control and make their minds up about things after using Doc Ready.
Users since launch
Young people felt Doc Ready helped them think clearly
Young people felt more able to take control
– Stephen Fry, actor
The support that Doc Ready gives young people is vital to help them become the healthy and confident adults that they deserve to be.
- Prepare for and make the most out of mental-health-related GP visits
- Build a checklist of the issues and concerns they want to address
- Learn more about issues like confidentiality and their rights
Talk to us about how DocReady could work for you
- Facilitate better outcomes for young people dealing with mental health issues
- Re-purpose tool to help users of other services prepare for visits
- Offer a fully-responsive and confidential tool for vulnerable users